Wellesbourne Team Trophy
This invitational club competition was run by Wellesbourne Sword Club, traditionally on the last Sunday in October each year.
Unfortunately for the past few years it has not been possible for enough clubs to gather teams to enter the WTT and WSC has also been short of the necessary resources to host it. The last winners were the Civil Service who have retained the trophy. In the hope that one day the WTT can be resurrected we have included the competition details below.
Clubs were invited to enter teams of 2 in each of the following weapons:
- Mens' foil
- Ladies' foil
- Mens' epee
- Ladies' epee
- Mens' sabre
- Ladies' sabre (if sufficient entry - otherwise sabre will be a mixed event)
The competition Trophy goes each year to the Club that wins the most bouts overall.
- Bouts will be best of 9 hits and limited to 3 minutes duration and may not be independently refereed.
- New foil bib rules apply.
- Time constraints prevent the "doubling up" of weapons.
- Due to the high number of bouts there will be no lunch break.
- Flat, non-marking shoes only in the Sports Hall please.
- No food or drinks in open cups etc. to be consumed or taken into the Sports Hall please.